Ambras Castle, consisting of the upper castle with the Spanish Hall and the lower castle, looks down on the village of Amras in the municipality of Innsbruck. Archduke Ferdinand II of Austria (1529–1595), from 1564 Count of Tyrol, lived in Innsbruck.
The Augustinerkeller in the centre of Vienna was used as a depot to house the art collection belonging to Count Karl Lanckoronski (1848–1939), which had been seized in autumn 1939 from his son Anton in accordance with the Regulation on Management of the Assets of Members of the
The Bodenkreditanstalt building was erected from 1884 to 1887 according to plans by Emil von Förster on behalf of the Allgemeine k. k. private Boden-Credit Anstalt. Because of its size, it had two addresses – Teinfaltstraße 8 and Löwelstraße 20.
Friedberg Castle, perched on a rise overlooking the Inn valley, was built in the thirteenth century. In 1844 it was acquired by Count Trapp, who renovated it from 1847 to 1854. The castle is owned today by the family.
Fügen Castle, transformed in the eighteenth century by the aristocratic Tyrolean Fieger family into a Baroque castle, was owned from 1926 under the name Bubenburg by the Seraphisches Liebeswerk, which used it as a boys'
Immendorf Castle in the northern Weinviertel, mentioned for the first time in records in the thirteenth century, was originally a two-storey complex around a rectangular courtyard with square towers. It was restored and modified in the late nineteenth century.
Kremsmünster Benedictine Abbey in Upper Austria, founded in 777, was seized by order of the Gestapo in 1941 and placed under the administration of Reichsgau Oberdonau (Upper Danube).
Lichtenwerth was built in the twelfth century on a rock in the middle of the Inn. It is the only authentic water tower in Tyrol. Since 1879 it has belonged to the Freiherr Inama-Sternberg from South Tyrol.
Schloss Matzen was mentioned for the first time in 1278 and is one of the oldest surviving castles in Tyrol.
The parsonage on the outskirts of Pulkau was originally built in the sixteenth/seventeenth century and was converted after a fire in 1709 into an imposing two-storey building with Baroque façade.
Schloss Purgstall was owned after 1933 by the Prague bank director Florian Klement.
The Schönwörth residence with its vaulted and dry rooms was chosen for storage of art objects in April 1943.
Sonnberg Castle, mentioned in records for the first time in the twelfth century, was rebuilt in 1596 in the Renaissance style as a three-storey building with a gate tower and rectangular courtyard.
The sixteenth-century monastery St. Martin has been owned since 1825 by the province of Tyrol, which operated a workhouse and, from 1855 to 1928, a women's prison and correctional home.
The Cistercian abbey at Stams in Tiroler Oberland was founded in 1273 by Count Meinhard II of Görz-Tirol and his wife Elisabeth of Bavaria as a place of burial for Tyrolean rulers. The baroque and rococo interior dates from 1650 and 1750.
Thalheim bei Kapelln castle in Lower Austria was first mentioned in the twelfth century. After numerous changes of ownership, it was acquired in 1881 by the president of the Anglobank Guido Elbogen (1845–1918), son of the Jungbunzlau rabbi Isak Elbogen (?–1883).
After Emma and Antonia Bunzel ceded title to Thürnthal Castle near Fels am Wagram to the German Reich at the end of June 1943 under the 11th Regulation to the Reich Citizenship Law, the Oberfinanzpräsident for Vienna and Lower Danub
Schloss Tratzberg was built by Meinhard II of Görz-Tirol in the thirteenth century on a hillside between Stans and Jenbach and has been owned since the mid-nineteenth century by Count Enzenberg.
Schloss Wohlgemutsheim in Baumkirchen im Inntal originated as a thirteenth-century keep. In 1474 it was transformed into a castle, and the Holy Trinity chapel was added in 1517.