Maria Dietrich was born on 28 June 1892, the daughter of the butcher Heinrich Anton Georg Dietrich and Maria Dietrich, née Krach.
In 1913, Betty Blum married the entrepreneur Noe Blum from Poland, who had a business in Munich dealing in antiques, oil paintings, old and new furniture, gold and silverware.
In 1919, the Vienna gallery owner and art collector Lea Bondi became Prokurist (authorized signatory) of Kunsthandlung Würthle & Sohn Nachf. at Weihburggasse 9 in Vienna's 1st district.
The Wiener Versatz- und Fragamt (pawn and inquiry office) Annagasse 20 / Seilerstätte 30 in the present-day 1st district of Vienna was founded by Emperor Joseph I on 14 March 1707. Its main activity was to provide loans against security, with the proceeds going to the poorhouse fund.
Anton Exner was the most important dealer, collector and assessor of East Asian art in Vienna between the wars. His collection included all branches of Asian – particularly Chinese and Japanese – art from all epochs.
Erich Fiala was born in Purkersdorf, studied in Vienna and obtained a doctorate in political science in June 1935.
After Benno Fleischmann had completed his study of art history, archaeology, philosophy and the auxiliary science of history at the University of Vienna in 1930 with a thesis on Giovanni Bellini, he worked initially as a
Othmar Fritsch studied law for three semesters from 1906 at the University of Vienna after having completed a school-leaving course at a commercial college and the textile and weaving college in Vienna.
Galerie Harding at Kärntnerstraße 16, 1st district of Vienna, was entered in the register of companies in 1928.
After being discharged from the army in early March 1919, Ivo Hans Gayrsperg founded the Wiener Literarische Anstalt Wila Verlags GmbH/AG with the German writer Theodor Bock-Stieber (1859–1937) and was its managing direc
The Viennese book and art antique dealership Gilhofer was founded in 1883 by Hermann Gilhofer (1852–1913) as a general bookshop at Bognergasse 2 in the centre of Vienna.
Ottilie Grabner registered her antiques and art business in November 1929 at her home address on Linke Wienzeile in Vienna'
Wolfgang Gurlitt was born on 15 February 1888 as the son of the art dealer Fritz Gurlitt (1853–1893) and his wife Anarella, née Im-Hof (1858–1935).
Hildegard Gussenbauer, daughter of the surgeon Carl Ignatz Gussenbauer, was an art broker, consultant and dealer in Vienna.
Until 1921, Oskar Hamel was an officer and then senior officer in the Vienna Provincial Tax Office before turning to antiques and starting an independent business in 1923. He also collected coins and stamps.
Arnold Harding was born in 1887 as the son of Berta (Bertha) Winterstein and David Abeles from Bohemia. He was a Czechoslovakian citizen. He had a brother Paul, born in 1882, from his mother's first marriage.
After completing his training at the teaching college in Krems an der Donau and his study of art history with Josef Strzygowski at the University of Vienna, Karl Hareiter worked as an art teacher until 1939 and als
Rudolf Hintermayer, who later became a lawyer and art collector, was born in Waidhofen an der Ybbs in 1917 as the youngest son of Rudolf Hintermayer, who worked in the Vienna municipal administration and later became Deputy Director of Städtische Gaswerke, and his wife Auguste,
From 1946 to 1964, Anton Jancsy had a retail art dealership at Spiegelgasse 8 in Vienna's 1st district.
In the official documents, there are three businesses registered under the name Albert Kende in the time before the annexation of Austria, starting in 1904.
Anton Kraus, son of a merchant, was employed as a trainee in an accounting department of the Imperial and Royal Ministry of Finance between 1912 and 1914 after graduating from a secondary school in St. Pölten.
At the age of just sixteen, Luise Kremlacek started working in 1920 as a saleswoman at Galerie Würthle & Sohn Nachf.
Josef Kuderna worked in various professions – as a civil engineer, actor and professional gymnast with the Deutscher Turnerbund (German Gymnastics League) in Langenzersdorf.
Kunst und Wohnung, R. Lorenz was founded in 1919 at Josefstädter Straße 21 in Vienna's 8th district.
After Moritz Lindemann had worked as a goldsmith and jewel designer and then as a quick-sketch artist in Viennese and Berlin cabarets, he opened his own art dealership specializing in Old Masters in Vienna in 1911.
In May 1939, the joiner and art dealer Karl Löscher acquired a trade licence for original paintings and antiques, upon which he opened Kunsthandlung Karl Löscher, an independent art dealership at Spiegelgasse 19 in Vienn
Kajetan Mühlmann studied from 1913 to 1917 at the k. k. Staatslehrerbildungsanstalt in Salzburg-Stadt together with lifelong friends and future National Socialists Karl Heinrich Waggerl and Karl Springenschmid.
Karoline (Lilly) Nehammer, née Prinz, was one of the most important figures in the art market in Nazi Vienna.
Kunst- und Musikalienhandlung L. T. Neumann, named after its founder Leopold Theodor Neumann (1804–1876), opened in 1833 at the exclusive address Kohlmarkt 11 in Vienna's 1st district.
Eduard Nierscher worked from 1927 to 1935 at Galerie Harding, Kärntnerstraße 16 in Vienna’s 1st district
After the death of her husband Anton Penizek (1868–1937), Melanie Penizek took over the antiques dealership established in 1934 at Spiegelgasse 19 in Vienna's 1st district and continued it initially as his widow.
Rudolf Perlberger was the eldest son of Max and Rosalia Perlberger, née Heinrich. He had four siblings, two of whom – Ida (1884–1887) and Leo (1890–1935) – died before the annexation of Austria to the Nazi German Reich.
Eugen Karl Franz Primavesi was one of the most active and influential art and antiques dealers in Vienna during the Nazi era.
After graduating from a commercial college in Vienna, Rudolf Prinz worked as an accountant in various companies. He served for a few months in the First World War and in 1921 opened his own antiques dealership at his home address at Chwallagasse 2/II/10 in Vienna's 6th district.
The dentist Heinrich Rieger lived with his wife Berta and three children in an apartment in Vienna’s 7th district at Mariahilferstraße 124, where he also had his dental practice.
Emil Rosner born as the only child of the antiques dealer Leo (Markus Leib) Rosner and Jenni, née Feuer, in Vienna.
Despite his modest formal education, Otto Schatzker had an astonishing career as an art dealer and expert in Vienna. He was born illegitimate and given to a foundling hospital.
Franz Schebesta (né Šebesta, also Sebesta) registered his antiques dealership on 26 September 1936 at Dorotheergasse 7/12 in Vienna's 1st district. From 1939 it was located at Plankengasse 7, also in the 1st district.
Until 1938 Helene Silverio was employed at Galerie Harding, Kärntnerstraße 16 in Vienna's 1st district, and wa
Before becoming involved in the art market, Ferdinand Spany worked as a transportation clerk for the E. Bäuml company.
After the First World War, Marie Wolfrum (1883–1967) purchased Josef Löwy – k. u. k. Hof-Photograph, Kunst- und Verlags-Anstalt founded in 1850 with its inventory, where since 1896 she had trained and later worked as a salesperson and manager.