Sonia Buchroithner

Studied history and combined studies (incl. culture management) at the University of Innsbruck; since 2003 employed at the Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum; 2003–08 public relations department; maternity leave; since 2011 assistant in the Historical Collections, esp. provenance research; since December 2020 head of DAS TIROL PANORAMA mit dem Kaiserjägermuseum.

Ambras Castle, consisting of the upper castle with the Spanish Hall and the lower castle, looks down on the village of Amras in the municipality of Innsbruck. Archduke Ferdinand II of Austria (1529–1595), from 1564 Count of Tyrol, lived in Innsbruck.

Friedberg Castle, perched on a rise overlooking the Inn valley, was built in the thirteenth century. In 1844 it was acquired by Count Trapp, who renovated it from 1847 to 1854. The castle is owned today by the family.

Fügen Castle, transformed in the eighteenth century by the aristocratic Tyrolean Fieger family into a Baroque castle, was owned from 1926 under the name Bubenburg by the Seraphisches Liebeswerk, which used it as a boys'

Lichtenwerth was built in the twelfth century on a rock in the middle of the Inn. It is the only authentic water tower in Tyrol. Since 1879 it has belonged to the Freiherr Inama-Sternberg from South Tyrol.

Schloss Matzen was mentioned for the first time in 1278 and is one of the oldest surviving castles in Tyrol.

The Sarnthein family, which has owned Schloss Schneeberg since 1778, has a long relationship with the

The Schönwörth residence with its vaulted and dry rooms was chosen for storage of art objects in April 1943.

The sixteenth-century monastery St. Martin has been owned since 1825 by the province of Tyrol, which operated a workhouse and, from 1855 to 1928, a women's prison and correctional home.

The Cistercian abbey at Stams in Tiroler Oberland was founded in 1273 by Count Meinhard II of Görz-Tirol and his wife Elisabeth of Bavaria as a place of burial for Tyrolean rulers. The baroque and rococo interior dates from 1650 and 1750.

The Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum owes its name to Archduke Ferdinand Karl, the future Emperor Ferdinand I (1793–1875), under whose protection the museum association, which is still private today, was founded in 1823.

Schloss Tratzberg was built by Meinhard II of Görz-Tirol in the thirteenth century on a hillside between Stans and Jenbach and has been owned since the mid-nineteenth century by Count Enzenberg.

Schloss Wohlgemutsheim in Baumkirchen im Inntal originated as a thirteenth-century keep. In 1474 it was transformed into a castle, and the Holy Trinity chapel was added in 1517.