Monika Löscher

Historian; 2005 doctorate at the University of Vienna; worked in the National Fund of the Republic of Austria for Victims of National Socialism and the Nazi provenance research project at the University of Vienna Library; since April 2009 provenance researcher at the Kunsthistorisches Museum Wien on behalf of the Commission for Provenance Research; member of Arbeitskreis Provenienzforschung e.V.

The artist and restorer Marianne Adler was the daughter of the journalist Heinrich Adler and the illustrator Maria Adler and the niece of the prominent Austrian Social Democrat Victor Adler.

After studying art history in Göttingen, Berlin, Vienna and Graz, Gert Adriani wrote his doctoral thesis in 1933 in Jena on monastery libraries in Austria and south Germany.

Ludwig Baldass studied art history at the universities of Graz, Halle, Munich and Vienna and was awarded a doctorate from the University of Vienna in 1911.

After initially studying philosophy and law in Vienna, Ernst Buschbeck switched to art history in Berlin, Halle and Vienna and completed his education at the Institut für Österreichische Geschichtsforschung (

Hans Demel von Elswehr was born in Teschen in 1886 as the son of the Silesian Reichstag member Johann Demel Ritter von Elswehr.

Novella Simrisich worked from January 1934 as an unpaid intern in the restoration workshop of the Picture Gallery in the

Erich Fiala was born in Purkersdorf, studied in Vienna and obtained a doctorate in political science in June 1935.

In 1938, Leo Fürst, who lived at Maria-Theresien-Straße 16/4

Frida Beck's first marriage was to Julius Ripper (1878–1916), with whom she had a daughter Edith.

Marianne Hamburger-Löw was born in 1901 as the daughter of Wilhelm Löw and Franziska née Bauer. Her father owned several properties in Lower Austria, as well as a distillery. Her parents also possessed several prestigious art objects.

The coin collector Leo Heymann, born in the town of Schwersenz, which with its large Jewish community was until 1918 part of the German district of Posen-Ost and in 1919 became part of Poland under the provisions o

After leaving school in 1920, Eduard Holzmair worked for several years at the Anglo-Austrian Bank in Vienna, before studying German, history and art history at the University of Vienna.

By order of Robert Hiecke, ministerial director in the Reich Ministry of Education, a delegation consisting of Ludwig Berg (consultant for museums in the General Section for Art Promotion, Theatre, Museums and Popular Education),

Alphons Lhotsky studied history, art history, geography and philosophy and was a member of the Institut für Österreichische Geschichtsforschung (Institute of Austrian Historical Research).

August Loehr studied history and geography at the universities of Vienna and Heidelberg, obtaining his doctorate in 1905 with a work on Danube shipping until the end of the fourteenth century.

Apart from studying at the University of Vienna to be a teacher of Greek and Latin, Richard Nadler worked part-time as a research assistant in the Coin Collection of the

Christine Raab worked as a civil servant from 1909, initially as a chancellery clerk in the Central Statistics Commission and later in the Ministry of Culture and Education.

After training in the Department of Ornamental Lettering and Heraldry at the

Valentin Viktor Rosenfeld studied law at the University of Vienna and obtained his doctorate in 1910. As a lawyer he represented footballers in contract disputes with their clubs.

Leopold Ruprecht was born in 1889 in Laxenburg near Vienna as the son of the architect Ludwig Ruprecht and Viktorine, née Halm.

Emma Pietschmann attended the six-year Lyzeum of the Vienna Frauenerwerbsverein founded in 1866. She graduated from high school at the Humanistisches Gymnasium in Prague, but not until 1914.

Franz Sochor was born in 1902 and worked from 1919 as a bank clerk in the Niederösterreichische Escompte-Gesellschaft in Vienna. At the same time, he took various painting courses in his free time, for example with the academy painter H.

Gertrude Tripp, née Weigner, studied art history, auxiliary sciences of history and archaeology in Vienna and obtained her doctorate in 1939 with a work on Mediterranean glass painting in Austria.