Maria Dietrich was born on 28 June 1892, the daughter of the butcher Heinrich Anton Georg Dietrich and Maria Dietrich, née Krach.
Karl Baranyi, who came from Bohemia, first registered his domicile in 1919 in Vienna, where he worked as an auctioneer at Neubaugasse 68 in the 7th district until he lost the concession in 1932 after being sentenced to i
In 1913, Betty Blum married the entrepreneur Noe Blum from Poland, who had a business in Munich dealing in antiques, oil paintings, old and new furniture, gold and silverware.
Alois Fantl was born on 27 April 1873 in Wittingau, Bohemia (now Třeboň, Czech Republic), as the son of Karl and Therese Fantl. In 1902 he married Bertha, née Pokorny, and they had a daughter, Margarethe.
The Viennese book and art antique dealership Gilhofer was founded in 1883 by Hermann Gilhofer (1852–1913) as a general bookshop at Bognergasse 2 in the centre of Vienna.
In 1870 Joseph Glückselig (1845–1934) opened a small junk shop L.
Ottilie Grabner registered her antiques and art business in November 1929 at her home address on Linke Wienzeile in Vienna'
Alexander Grosz was born in Neusatz (Novi Sad/Ujividek) in present-day Serbia.
Until 1921, Oskar Hamel was an officer and then senior officer in the Vienna Provincial Tax Office before turning to antiques and starting an independent business in 1923. He also collected coins and stamps.
Hans Peter Kraus was born in Vienna on 12 October 1907 as the son of Emil and Hilda Kraus (née Rix). After graduating from the Handelsakademie in 1925, he trained as a librarian from 1925 to 1927 at Universitätsbuchhandlung R. Lechner in Vienna.
Josef Kuderna worked in various professions – as a civil engineer, actor and professional gymnast with the Deutscher Turnerbund (German Gymnastics League) in Langenzersdorf.
Fritz Lejeune studied medicine, dentistry and comparative linguistics at the universities of Bonn and Greifswald.
Karoline (Lilly) Nehammer, née Prinz, was one of the most important figures in the art market in Nazi Vienna.
Rudolf Perlberger was the eldest son of Max and Rosalia Perlberger, née Heinrich. He had four siblings, two of whom – Ida (1884–1887) and Leo (1890–1935) – died before the annexation of Austria to the Nazi German Reich.
Eugen Karl Franz Primavesi was one of the most active and influential art and antiques dealers in Vienna during the Nazi era.
After graduating from a commercial college in Vienna, Rudolf Prinz worked as an accountant in various companies. He served for a few months in the First World War and in 1921 opened his own antiques dealership at his home address at Chwallagasse 2/II/10 in Vienna's 6th district.
Alois Reichmann from Bohemia founded Buch- und Antiquariatshandlung Alois Reichmann in 1896 with his wife Emilie, née Löwy, at Wiedner Hauptstraße 18–20 in Vienna's 4th district.
Emil Rosner born as the only child of the antiques dealer Leo (Markus Leib) Rosner and Jenni, née Feuer, in Vienna.
Despite his modest formal education, Otto Schatzker had an astonishing career as an art dealer and expert in Vienna. He was born illegitimate and given to a foundling hospital.
Franz Schebesta (né Šebesta, also Sebesta) registered his antiques dealership on 26 September 1936 at Dorotheergasse 7/12 in Vienna's 1st district. From 1939 it was located at Plankengasse 7, also in the 1st district.
Before becoming involved in the art market, Ferdinand Spany worked as a transportation clerk for the E. Bäuml company.
The book and antiques business founded by Moritz Stern (1846–1913) in 1874 was located from 1892 at Mariahilfer Straße 1 in Vienna's 6th district and existed until 1938 under the name Central-Antiquariat und Buchhandlung.
Brüder Suschitzky – Anzengruber Verlag (Wien-Leipzig), Buchhandlung-Antiquariat-Leihbibliothek was founded in 1901 by the bookseller Philipp Suschitzky (born 14 December 1875) with his brother Wilhelm (born 22 December 1877) at Favoritenstraße 57 in Vienna's 10th district, origi