Museum director

Leo Bokh studied art history, archaeology, history, German and musicology in Vienna and Graz. While still a student he joined the Cartellverband.

The numismatist Fritz Dworschak took advantage of the Nazi era to assume central functions in the Vienna museum scene.

Johann Nikolaus Richard Ernst, son of a businessman, went to school and university in Prague and obtained a doctorate in art history and classical archaeology in 1909.

Karl Josef Franz Feiler started working in the Eisenbahnministerium (Ministry of Railways) in 1907.

Karl Garzarolli-Thurnlackh studied art history and history in Vienna and Graz, receiving his doctoral degree from the University of Graz in 1920.

Joseph Gregor grew up in Czernowitz as the son of the city architect Josef Gregor. He came to Vienna in 1907 to study art history, German and music.

Arthur Haberlandt studied anthropology, ethnology and prehistory at the University of Vienna, obtained his doctorate in 1911 and habilitated in 1914 with a paper on the drinking water supply of primitive peoples.

After leaving school in 1920, Eduard Holzmair worked for several years at the Anglo-Austrian Bank in Vienna, before studying German, history and art history at the University of Vienna.

Rudolf Kaftan studied mathematics and physics at the University of Vienna.

Hans Kummerlöwe studied natural sciences in Leipzig and obtained a doctorate in ornithology in 1930. He joined the NSDAP in 1925 while still a student.

August Loehr studied history and geography at the universities of Vienna and Heidelberg, obtaining his doctorate in 1905 with a work on Danube shipping until the end of the fourteenth century.

Fritz Novotny was a librarian at the University of Vienna Department of Art History and taught from 1925 at various Vienna people's education establishments (Volkshochschulen) while studying art history under Josef Strzygowski, whose assistant he became in 1927.

After studying law, archaeology and art history at the University of Innsbruck, Vinzenz Oberhammer habilitated in 1936 in art history.

Margarethe Poch-Kalous studied art history at the University of Vienna and obtained her doctorate in 1940 under Hans Sedlmayr.

Hans Posse was a German art historian appointed by Hitler in June 1939 as his "special representative for Linz".

From 1939 to April 1945 Erhard Riedel was head of the Vienna department of the Reichspostmuseum (Reich Postal Museum).

After Georg Saiko attended secondary school in Komotau (Chomutov) und Teplitz-Schönau (Teplice), he arrived in Vienna in 1910 and worked on the Österreichische Künstlerbibliographie (Austrian artist bibliography) published by the

Viktor Schützenhofer studied mechanical engineering at the Technische Hochschule in Vienna. He joined the k. k.

Hermann (von) Trenkwald was the son of Josef Matthias Trenkwald (1824–1897), a history painter and professor at the

Hermann Voss studied art history, music history and history in Heidelberg. Following his doctorate in 1906, he lived in Italy and in 1908 began an internship at the Königlich Preußische Kunstsammlungen zu Berlin with Wilhelm Bode.

Karl Wagner studied philosophy and German at the University of Vienna, where he was awarded a doctorate in 1911.

Anselm Weißenhofer completed his Catholic theology studies in 1908 and became a priest.