Katinka Gratzer-Baumgärtner

Studied restoration and art history in Florence and Vienna; since 2007 employed in various functions in the Belvedere archive and research centre; as member of the Commission for Provenance Research specialization in the systematic investigation of the art inventory; as archivist also investigation of estates and artist documentation, academic research and contributions to exhibition and research projects.

During the Weimar Republic, the defence lawyer and legal scholar Max Alsberg, who moved to Berlin in 1906, had an office at Nollendorfplatz 1 together with Kurt Poschke, Kurt Gollnick and Lothar Welt.

Franz Balke, who studied art history at the universities of Tübingen, Berlin and Bonn, worked for ten years after the First World War as a teacher and educator and had his own community home in Cammin/Pomerania.

The insurance clerk and Prokurist Erich Bien obtained a doctorate in law from the University of Vienna in 1908. Because of his Jewish origins, he was dismissed from Kosmos Versicherungs AG in Vienna at the end of July 1938.

Karl Garzarolli-Thurnlackh studied art history and history in Vienna and Graz, receiving his doctoral degree from the University of Graz in 1920.

After being discharged from the army in early March 1919, Ivo Hans Gayrsperg founded the Wiener Literarische Anstalt Wila Verlags GmbH/AG with the German writer Theodor Bock-Stieber (1859–1937) and was its managing direc

After completing his training at the teaching college in Krems an der Donau and his study of art history with Josef Strzygowski at the University of Vienna, Karl Hareiter worked as an art teacher until 1939 and als

After the annexation of Austria to the Nazi German Reich, Lotte Heissfeld, daughter of the k. k.

The valuable interior furnishings of Alice and Arnold Kolb at Margaretenstraße 78 in Vienna's 5th district, including works by Josef Danhauser and Carl Schweninger, were listed in 1922 by the

Karl Krenn, who had a doctorate in prehistoric history, worked from 1932 at the

Josef Kuderna worked in various professions – as a civil engineer, actor and professional gymnast with the Deutscher Turnerbund (German Gymnastics League) in Langenzersdorf.

After Moritz Lindemann had worked as a goldsmith and jewel designer and then as a quick-sketch artist in Viennese and Berlin cabarets, he opened his own art dealership specializing in Old Masters in Vienna in 1911.

Max Mandl-Maldenau managed several branches of a weaving mill and leather wholesaler in Vienna and in Königinhof an der Elbe (now Dvůr Králové nad Labem, Czech Republic).

The engineer Hugo Marmorek, who from 1932 had a workshop for electrical appliances and technical articles at Brucknerstraße 4 in Vienna's 4th district, had married for a second time in 1926 to Felice Therese (née Monath), member of an art-loving family, and was registered with h

From June 1921, Chaim Salomon Meisels and his brother Mendel Meisels were proprietors of Spirituosenhandlung OHG Fa. Rosa Marmoreks Nachfolger – Brüder Meisels at Fugbachgasse 17 in Vienna's 2nd district.

Ludwig Neurath, chairman of the board of Creditanstalt für Handel und Gewerbe and a widower since 1907, had an impressive art collection consisting of paintings, miniatures, sculptures, porcelain, furniture and a library.

Fritz Novotny was a librarian at the University of Vienna Department of Art History and taught from 1925 at various Vienna people's education establishments (Volkshochschulen) while studying art history under Josef Strzygowski, whose assistant he became in 1927.

Adolf Proksch came from a conservative Catholic background. He studied law and until the First World War he worked for the Vienna Siemens-Schuckert-Werke and thereafter for the Ministry of War.

Franz Schebesta (né Šebesta, also Sebesta) registered his antiques dealership on 26 September 1936 at Dorotheergasse 7/12 in Vienna's 1st district. From 1939 it was located at Plankengasse 7, also in the 1st district.

After leaving school, Josef Siller worked in his parents' restaurant, Meierei Siller, at Kaiser-Ferdinands-Platz (since 1919 Schwedenplatz) 3 in Vienna's 1st district, which he took over in 1898. He later opened a hotel there, which was soon became known as "Kleines Sacher".

After the First World War, Marie Wolfrum (1883–1967) purchased Josef Löwy – k. u. k. Hof-Photograph, Kunst- und Verlags-Anstalt founded in 1850 with its inventory, where since 1896 she had trained and later worked as a salesperson and manager.