Maria Brunner, who joined the NSDAP in 1941, worked from January 1944 as an assistant for the "Sonderauftrag coins".
Caroline Reitlinger studied medicine at the University of Vienna for seven semesters from 1916. In July 1919 she married Edwin Czeczowiczka, an engineer and co-owner of the Erste galizische mechanische Baumwollweberei in Andrychów, Poland.
The numismatist Fritz Dworschak took advantage of the Nazi era to assume central functions in the Vienna museum scene.
Hildegard Gussenbauer, daughter of the surgeon Carl Ignatz Gussenbauer, was an art broker, consultant and dealer in Vienna.
Following the Munich Agreement of 29 September 1938, German troops invaded the Sudetenland, until then part of Czechoslovakia, on 2 October 1938.
Kremsmünster Benedictine Abbey in Upper Austria, founded in 777, was seized by order of the Gestapo in 1941 and placed under the administration of Reichsgau Oberdonau (Upper Danube).
Kunstmuseum Linz is not a real museum but a project as part of the Nazi art policy. It is also known as the Linzer Führermuseum, Führermuseum, Gemäldegalerie Linz or—with reference to the underlying project—Sonderauftrag Linz.
Anton Lanckoroński graduated from the Schottengymnasium in Vienna and then served from 1912 to 1917 as an officer in the Austro-Hungarian army. After the war and the re-establishment of the Polish state in 1918, he took Polish citizenship.
In May 1939, the joiner and art dealer Karl Löscher acquired a trade licence for original paintings and antiques, upon which he opened Kunsthandlung Karl Löscher, an independent art dealership at Spiegelgasse 19 in Vienn
After the death of her husband Anton Penizek (1868–1937), Melanie Penizek took over the antiques dealership established in 1934 at Spiegelgasse 19 in Vienna's 1st district and continued it initially as his widow.
Hans Posse was a German art historian appointed by Hitler in June 1939 as his "special representative for Linz".
Liselotte Seutter von Loetzen, daughter of a bank director who died young and a potter, had considerable (professional) experience, when she became involved in the "Sonderauftrag Münzen" in October 1942.
Hermann Voss studied art history, music history and history in Heidelberg. Following his doctorate in 1906, he lived in Italy and in 1908 began an internship at the Königlich Preußische Kunstsammlungen zu Berlin with Wilhelm Bode.
After the First World War, Marie Wolfrum (1883–1967) purchased Josef Löwy – k. u. k. Hof-Photograph, Kunst- und Verlags-Anstalt founded in 1850 with its inventory, where since 1896 she had trained and later worked as a salesperson and manager.
The Central Depot was established in autumn 1938 to store objects from seized Vienna art collections whose owners were persecuted as Jews.