The Academy of Fine Arts was founded on the private initiative of the imperial court painter Peter Strudel (1660–1714) and was officially approved by the imperial household in 1692.
The Augustinerkeller in the centre of Vienna was used as a depot to house the art collection belonging to Count Karl Lanckoronski (1848–1939), which had been seized in autumn 1939 from his son Anton in accordance with the Regulation on Management of the Assets of Members of the
On 13 September 1939 Department III of the Reichsstatthalterei in Vienna, which was responsible for the arts, allocated the former charterhouse in Gaming to the Ministry of Internal and Cultural Affairs, Department IV (Education, Culture and Popular Education) for salvaging purposes.
The beginnings of the present-day Wien Museum date back to the 1860s, when the city council established a commission for municipal collections responsible for the acquisition and financing of objects for a future city museum.
Immendorf Castle in the northern Weinviertel, mentioned for the first time in records in the thirteenth century, was originally a two-storey complex around a rectangular courtyard with square towers. It was restored and modified in the late nineteenth century.
The parsonage on the outskirts of Pulkau was originally built in the sixteenth/seventeenth century and was converted after a fire in 1709 into an imposing two-storey building with Baroque façade.
Schloss Purgstall was owned after 1933 by the Prague bank director Florian Klement.
Sonnberg Castle, mentioned in records for the first time in the twelfth century, was rebuilt in 1596 in the Renaissance style as a three-storey building with a gate tower and rectangular courtyard.
The Cistercian abbey at Stams in Tiroler Oberland was founded in 1273 by Count Meinhard II of Görz-Tirol and his wife Elisabeth of Bavaria as a place of burial for Tyrolean rulers. The baroque and rococo interior dates from 1650 and 1750.
Thalheim bei Kapelln castle in Lower Austria was first mentioned in the twelfth century. After numerous changes of ownership, it was acquired in 1881 by the president of the Anglobank Guido Elbogen (1845–1918), son of the Jungbunzlau rabbi Isak Elbogen (?–1883).