After completing secondary school in Gera, Thuringia, Fritz Georg Meyer joined the Braunschweig Hussar Regiment No. 17 for a year in 1911 and then trained as an agent in the textile business in Germany, Great Britain, the Netherlands and the USA. In September 1914 he was promoted to the rank of reserve lieutenant and served at the front until the end of the First World War. In 1919 he joined the Deutschnationale Volkspartei (German National People's Party) and was involved in local businesses in Gera. In 1927 he acquired Weissflog Metall AG, Schrauben- und Mutternfabrik in Gera. Two years later he changed his name to Meyerweissflog and moved to Admont, Styria, where he joined the Steirischer Heimatschutz, which was affiliated to the NSDAP. In early 1931 he acquired a large property, Auhof in St. Wolfgang in the Salzkammergut, where he lived with his wife Leopoldine Elisabeth Louise, née Dressler, and four daughters. In autumn of that year he joined the NSDAP with membership number 613.923. He travelled on business between Austria and Germany and had several addresses, including further properties in St. Gilgen am Wolfgangsee and in Gera, where he was registered from 1934 at Julius-Sturm-Straße 6. In 1935 he was appointed as Ratsherr (councillor) in Gera and member of the board of Stadtsparbank Gera. The following year he became a member of the advisory board of the municipal gas and waterworks. He was also in the supervisory board of Reußengrube AG, Thüringische Zellwolle AG and Kraftwerk- und Straßenbahn-Gera-AG, and held the position of Kreiswirtschaftsberater (district economic adviser) on the staff of the NSDAP office in Gera. On 1 April 1937 he was promoted to reserve lieutenant in Cavalry Regiment 10, Torgau, and was involved as such in the occupation of the Sudetenland by the German Wehrmacht in 1938. He later described his service as "unforgettable days and weeks in the new Reichsgau of Sudetenland". After the Second World War his private and business assets in Gera were sequestered, Weissflog KG incorporated in a Soviet corporation (SAG) and managed from 1947 as Landeseigener Betrieb Thüringen. The property in St. Wolfgang remained in his name but was used in the first years as quarters by the US military. On 17 July 1950 Fritz Georg Meyerweissflog became an Austrian citizen and from 1955 he was registered again at Auhof in St. Wolfgang.
Meyerweissflog was an object of provenance research because between 1939 and 1944 he functioned as a supplier and purchaser at auctions by the art auctioneers Weinmüller in Munich and Vienna. The extent of Meyerweissflog's art collection is not yet known nor whether he brought works to Weinmüller and purchased them as a dealer and/or a collector. In 1941 The Rape of the Sabine Women by Frans Francken II, which he had brought to Weinmüller in Munich, was purchased by order of Martin Bormann for buildings in the Obersalzberg, later stored at Bergwerk Altaussee and after the Second World War transported to the CCP in Munich. It ended up among the artworks stored at Mauerbach Charterhouse and was returned in 1978 under the first Kunst- und Kulturgutbereinigungsgesetz (Art and Cultural Property Settlement Act) before being acquired by the Painting Gallery of the Akademie der bildenden Künste in Wien (Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna).