Anna Kutscher from Galicia was the widow of the businessman Josef Kutscher (1880–1933). After the annexation of Austria she was considered under Nazi law to be a Jew and subject to the regime's restrictions. While her three sons, Paul, Heinrich and Robert, were able to escape, probably in the first half of 1939, she remained in Vienna. Because of the requirement to hand in jewellery and precious metals, she was forced in 1939 to give to the Dorotheum the silverware that she had not managed to sell previously. In April 1940 she moved from her apartment at Siedlgasse 23 in the 3rd district to the nearby Geusaugasse 7. On 16 January 1942 she was forced to move to a "Sammelwohnung" (collective apartment) at Rotenkreuzgasse 5 in the 2nd district, before being deported on 2 June 1942 to Minsk and presumably murdered shortly afterwards at Maly Trostinec. She was declared dead on 6 April 1949.
Between December 1941 and January 1943 the Staatliches Kunstgewerbemuseum in Wien (State Arts and Crafts Museum in Vienna, now the MAK), acquired a number of silverware objects from the Dorotheum from the jewellery and precious metal items that Jews had been required to hand over from 1939. Provenance researchers have established that two candlesticks belonged to Anna Kutscher. They were restituted in 2010.