Historian and curator; studied history, journalism and communication studies in Vienna, study and research trips to Israel; graduate of the international Summer Academy for Museology of the universities of Klagenfurt, Vienna, Graz and Innsbruck; from 1993 culture communicator and research assistant at the Jewish Museum Vienna; 1997–2010 curator; since 2011 Wien Museum history and provenance research department; research, publications and exhibitions on Austrian Jewish history and Vienna city history.
After leaving school, Josef Fleischner, son of a Moravian glassware factory administrator, trained to become a stenographer in the Austrian parliament and was employed there as an assistant from 1880. He quickly rose to become a parliamentary stenographer and reporter.
Siegfried Fuchs was the son of the commercial agent Rudolf Fuchs from Deutschkreutz/Zelem and his wife Mathilde, née Grünwald. He studied law at the University of Vienna, graduating on 11 April 1908.
Alexander Grosz was born in Neusatz (Novi Sad/Ujividek) in present-day Serbia.
Otto Herschel came from a Bohemian Jewish family from Teplitz-Schönau (now Teplice, CZ), where his father Johann was a businessman.
The beginnings of the present-day Wien Museum date back to the 1860s, when the city council established a commission for municipal collections responsible for the acquisition and financing of objects for a future city museum.
The Israelitisches Blindeninstitut (Jewish Institute for the Blind) founded on the initiative of the doctor, writer, secretary and archivist of the Vienna Jewish Community (IKG Wien) Ludwig August Frankl (1810–1894
Rudolf Kaftan studied mathematics and physics at the University of Vienna.
Johann, known as Hans, Klinkhoff was the illegitimate child of Emma Kikinis and Max Singer, official supplier of horses to the court.
Stefan Poglayen-Neuwall was an Austrian-Italian journalist and art historian. After being orphaned at the age of three, he was adopted by his aunt Henriette Freiin von Neuwall.
The parsonage on the outskirts of Pulkau was originally built in the sixteenth/seventeenth century and was converted after a fire in 1709 into an imposing two-storey building with Baroque façade.
Schloss Purgstall was owned after 1933 by the Prague bank director Florian Klement.
Paul Schwarzstein was an ironmonger and metal goods dealer with a business at Freilagergasse 4 in Vienna's 2nd district (today near Vivariumgasse), initially together with his partner Arthur Stemmer and then from 1922 as sole proprietor.
Käthe Susmann was an Austrian writer, women's rights activist and entrepreneur. In younger years she was a governess with Oscar Edler von Hofmannsthal and around the turn of the century she was vice-president of the Erste Wiener Gabelsberger-Damen-Stenographen-Verein.
Thalheim bei Kapelln castle in Lower Austria was first mentioned in the twelfth century. After numerous changes of ownership, it was acquired in 1881 by the president of the Anglobank Guido Elbogen (1845–1918), son of the Jungbunzlau rabbi Isak Elbogen (?–1883).
Josef Ungar was a Viennese goldsmith and jeweller from Galicia. In 1912 he opened a jeweller's shop and workshop at Trattnerhof 1 in Vienna's 1st district.
Karl Wagner studied philosophy and German at the University of Vienna, where he was awarded a doctorate in 1911.
Charles Weinberger was born in 1861 as the illegitimate son of the Viennese stage performer and operetta singer Helene Weinberger.