Elisabeth Schroll

Studied museology and history, student intern in FHXB Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg Museum Berlin and Stadtarchiv München; since 2020 student and freelance assistant in the Commission for Provenance Research.

Irma Löwenstein, née Sametz, lived with her husband Oscar (also Oskar) Löwenstein, founder of the Neues Wiener Journal at Landstraßer Hauptstraße 88 in Vienna's 3rd district.

Around 1900, Wilhelm Bermann moved with his wife Sidonie, née Silbermann, from Temesvár to Vienna. They lived with their four children at Kasernengasse 4 in the 6th district.

The Bodenkreditanstalt building was erected from 1884 to 1887 according to plans by Emil von Förster on behalf of the Allgemeine k. k. private Boden-Credit Anstalt. Because of its size, it had two addresses – Teinfaltstraße 8 and Löwelstraße 20.

Wilhelm Freund, who was persecuted as a Jew, left Vienna in 1938 to study law in Oxford. As the only son of bank director Richard Freund (1878–1934) and Gina Freund, née Rubel (1892–1935), he was the sole heir of his parents' art collection.